IT Field Engineer
About the Company
The Townley Group is made up of Pyranet IT Solutions, Fibrenex Voice Solutions, Comms Management and Townley Network Solutions. As a group, we offer flexible and proactive IT, data, voice and telecoms services.
We are a national group with a broad range of knowledge and our expansion has made room for the requirement of an IT Field Engineer to expand our on-site IT expertise in the North West.
We are pleased to be offering this hands on, dynamic and exciting role, where no two days are the same and your people skills will be as important as your technical skills.
You will be based between the Townley and Comms Management offices, therefore mainly distributing your time between Chester and Conwy. Occasionally you may be required to travel to Nottingham whilst working closely with the Group Technical Director; Joe Burns who is based at the Nottingham office.
Joe started Pyranet IT Solutions in 2005 and has since grown the Nottingham based office into a successful and reputable business, whilst also establishing himself as a Cyber Security expert and Cyber Essentials Practitioner, you can view his Linkedin profile here to gain insights into how Joe has influenced the careers of several IT professionals.
The successful candidate will receive ongoing training and development; with exposure to Cyber Security, IT Services, VoIP, Lines and Connectivity. Day to day tasks will include remote support, visiting client sites, offering onsite support as well as Office 365 migrations, server installations and maintenance visits. You will also be required to provide technical sales advice to members of the sales team. As you will spend a large portion of your time building relationships with clients, excellent business and communication skills are essential.
- Carrying out regular maintenance visits for clients
- Providing technical support via telephone, email, remote control sessions and onsite
- Diagnosing and resolving customer’s problems
- Dealing with advanced helpdesk issues which have been escalated
- Carrying out project work for clients – new hardware installations, migrations etc
- Offering in-house IT support to both the Chester and Conwy offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
Must have a strong sense of technical knowledge on areas such as:
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Advanced Networking – DHCP, DNS, VLANs, VPNs, WAN
- Advanced Microsoft Server configuration and administration
- Hyper-V and VMWare Virtualisation
- Office 365
- Experience working in a IT support environment
- Experience working on IT installation/migration projects
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain technical jargon to clients in plain English
- Well presented
- Must have a full UK driving license
Sound like something you could do? Drop your CV in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org